At Deefer College of Diving we believe in price transparency - the price you see is the price you pay! There are NO hidden costs.
See below for a full list of what's included & what's not included in our IDC-S program.
PADI IDC Staff Instructors are highly trained and experienced professionals who are qualiﬁed to:
• Independently teach the Assistant Instructor program
• Assist Course Directors in teaching IDC’s
• Assist Course Directors with professional level continuing education courses such as specialty instructor training
Many people take this next step in their training to:
• Keep life interesting and expand the variety of courses they can teach
• Work towards becoming a Course Director
• Work with a different level of student and have a part to play in developing and
mentoring future dive professionals
• Work in dive centre management
Many people also choose to do it simply for their own personal development. Being involved with IDC’s is a great way to keep yourself up to date with frequently changing PADI standards, new materials, course revisions and the most up to date teaching methods.
Whatever your reason for becoming an IDC Staff Instructor, this program will really improve your skill level, interaction and mentoring abilities and aid in your progression through the dive industry – and this time you get to be on the other side of those big white scoring slates!
We have a team of highly experienced Instructor Trainers who are here to guide you through the process and impart their knowledge and experience with you during your training.
We believe in full transparency when it comes to pricing and dislike nasty surprises as much as you do, so our IDC Staff price includes everything you need to become a PADI IDC Staff Instructor.
The price of our 2 week PADI IDC Staff Instructor course is $1900.00 US dollars and includes:
• All required materials
• IDC Staff Instructor course and full IDC audit
• PADI IDC Staff Instructor application fee
• 14 nights in shared accommodation with breakfast and dinner
• 2 days of fun diving pre or post course (subject to boat availability)
• Exclusive access to our Project AWARE focused training and the opportunity to be certiﬁed at the Instructor specialties offered if you wish (additional PADI fees not included)
Our pricing structure is comprehensive and made up of a number of modules so we can tailor your package to suit you where applicable, so for example if you wish to ﬁnd your own accommodation we can provide you with a price with module removed. Please also be aware, when comparing other courses, that our prices do include PADI fees and everything you need for the course.
What’s not included:
• travel to and from and around the island. Click here for travel advice.
• any extra day trips etc
At Deefer College of Diving we invite you to spend two fun filled weeks with us to complete your PADI IDC Staff Instructor training.
IDC Staff Instructor training starts 2 days before your chosen IDC program and involves:
• Preassesment of your basic instructor skills including dive theory, knowledge of PADI standards, skill demonstrations and teaching in the classroom and conﬁned water
• Presentations on Instructor Development standards and how to teach the AI course
• The Psychology of evaluation and counselling and how to evaluate candidate’s
knowledge development, conﬁned water and open water presentations
You will then audit an entire IDC program, working directly with Instructor candidates, mentoring and coaching them and evaluating their presentations all under the watchful eye of our Course Director who will be giving you tips and advice all along the way.
To enrol on the PADI IDC Staff Instructor course you must be:
• In teaching status with PADI for the current year
• A PADI MSDT
• An EFR Instructor
If you do not currently meet these enrolment criteria or have questions about your eligibility, please contact us directly and we can put a personal package together to meet your goals.
Included and required:
• PADI Course Director manual (digital or paper version)
• Evaluation slates: Conﬁned water, open water, skill evaluation
As an experienced PADI professional you will be expected to have all of your own standard equipment required of professionals including:
• Dive Tool
• SMB and reel